Combine two of the Caribbean’s best activities in this three day/two night trip. A 2 day/1 night visit to Tortuguero National Park, an overnight off the beaten path near Siquirres at Finca Maquengue Lodge and a whitewater rafting trip on the world famous Pacuare River. Or add an additional day/night in Tortuguero to make it a total of a 4 day package.
Duration: 3 days/2 nights.
- Transportation from Puerto Viejo, San Jose or Arenal with drop-off in your choice again of San Jose, Puerto Viejo or Arenal.
- One night of lodging in Tortuguero at La Baula Lodge.
- One night of lodging near Siquirres at Maquengue Falls Lodge
- Full day rafting trip on the Pacuare River
- All meals (3 breakfast, 3 lunch, 2 dinners)
- Activities in Tortuguero: 2 canal tours, 1 tour of Tortuguero town, 1 guided hike
- National park entrance fees ($17)
- Caribbean Conservation Corporation $2
- Optional night turtle tour (July-October $35)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Additional charge for pickup or drop-off at Arenal hotels which are further from La Fortuna than Tabacon Resort such as Arenal Observatory or Arenal Lodge may apply
What to bring: Long pants (for Tortuguero), swim suit/swim shorts (for rafting), t-shirt, insect repellent, waterproof sunscreen, shoes or sandals (just must wear footwear in the boat but they will get wet .
Preferred Hotels : Baula Lodge
This is for the 3d/2n option, for the 4d/3n option an additional night is added in Tortuguero. This is the typical order but rafting and Tortuguero may be swapped to create an equivalent itinerary depending on space and river conditions.
Early a.m. pickup at your hotel in San Jose, Arenal or Puerto Viejo. Breakfast at our Exploration Center. Transport to Tortuguero, Check in at your lodge. Tortuguero activities.
Tortuguero activities. Afternoon transport to Maquengue Falls Lodge.
Accommodation while in Tortuguero is at La Baula Lodge.
La Baula Lodge features individual cabins with a double and single bed, mini-bar and safety box, all meals included. The lodge is located next to the Tortuguero National Park. The rooms are equipped with hot water and built in harmony with nature. On site there is a restaurant, laundry service, rental boats, canoes and 24-hour Internet Café.
There are many animals that visits La Baula Lodge, like the howler or the white-faced monkey with it’s natural wake up call to your morning! The red frog lives in our lush gardens and the blue morpho butterfly flutters around the many green areas found on the property.